PawzforThought

PawzforThought
Rescuing Animals in the North East

Sponsor me

Sponsor me
Race for life 2011 sponsor page

Friday 18 February 2011

Attack of the Penguins!!!

These are some little Fimo penguins I made and baked. I had some craft wire from another project so decided to turn them into those little photocard/placecard holders at around xmas time....I could always re-shape the wire into a hoop and turn them into xmas tree decorations if they went wrong. They turned out quite well actually. I sold one on ebay. Then I had a message from a lady down south who loves pingu called Fiona asking if I had anymore. I messaged back explaining I had only sold 1 so the remaining 2/3 in the picture were still available.

She then asked where I bought them from or whether I made them as she was after quite a few more 40 in fact for table placecard holders for a wedding! So I priced up how much it would cost to buy all the clay and wire and asked when the wedding was. Over the christmas holidays I started on the 40 penguins, firing them in the oven inbetween gingerbread men and mince pies!
Very soom the penguin numbers started growing and I kept her upto date with the progress. As it turns out she needed 40 plus a bride and groom. So I made a little bride penguin with a tiara and a groom with a bow tie. I didn't get a photo before they were bubble wrapped away.

Again she loved the little amassing army of penguins.....but admitted that on second count they actually had 60 wedding guests. So I set about making the last few.....and had to invest in an extra orange and black pack of clay but went to hobbycraft for it.

Finally the penguin army is complete - the bride and groom are not on this pic. Its taken two cardboard boxes, all the bubblewrap and brown paper I have in the whole house and a fair amount of recycled shredded paper that was going to be used as emergency bunny bedding but they're all ready to post. Just waiting for the lady to pay - she's paying for her wedding cake this week and next week its my turn - then the penguin army will be sent into battle!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment