PawzforThought

PawzforThought
Rescuing Animals in the North East

Sponsor me

Sponsor me
Race for life 2011 sponsor page

Monday 13 September 2010

STILL ILL

Well my whole entire year has been ruined. After a whole weekend of basically eating, sleeping, and pill popping. I'm still loaded with cold and its developed into a tickly cough which means I cannot run. I really want to but I know i'll never manage it if I can't breathe sitting still. I'm so annoyed. I'm one of these who works through everything but I'm seriously debating taking some sick days. I never do and where does it get me? My whole weekend away of activities has been ruined. I wanted to go rock climing, hire a bike and go for a nice long run in the forest and all I did was snooze cos I was too exhausted to do anything else....and here I am back at work wishing the hours away so I can go home and go to bed! I've been training all year, spent hundreds of pounds on physio to make sure I was injury free and fit enough to run, made hubby buy me new running trainers which also cost a small fortune, I've raised all that money and dressed up in a giant dog suit, rattled collecting tins and begged and pleaded for people to part with their cash. All my hard work down the drain basically cos i'm run down. I am not amused. I'm secretly praying that a last minute bottle of cough syrupp a few days off work in bed might sort me out but I doubt it very much. I'm so gutted I could (and may) cry my eyes out. Its so not fair *stamps foot*. I've really put in the effort, the Great Winter run in freezing temps trekking through the snow late at night to get to the venue, the 10k, the charity sunshine run in ridiculous heat. The 10k the day after my birthday (which I gave up a birthday drink for) and walked as I was injured. Bloody typical. Going to wait til literally the final hour.....but if I cant do it i'm putting the banner up for David over one of the foot bridges, making signs and dressing up in the dog suit at the finish line for him!!!! I haven't put in all this effort for nothing, i'm going to support him 100% and make sure he crosses the line for BOTH of us. Now excuse me while I go away and sob uncontrollably and swig my cough medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment